You can help reduce stormwater runoff and protect our water. Check out these helpful tips and stormwater management best practices.
- Countywide Implementation Strategy: Read the County's restoration plan to meet our MS4 Permit.
- Water Resources Element: Learn how Howard County is taking steps to ensure adequate water resource capacities to meet future growth needs.
- Watershed Assessments and Public Works Projects: Learn what the County's Department of Public Works is doing to meet our stormwater needs and goals.
- Project Map: View recently installed stormwater projects using funds from the Watershed Protection and Restoration Fund.
- Live Green Howard YouTube Channel: Check out these engaging, informative videos on stormwater management, waste reduction, pollution prevention, and more!
- Maintenance Guides: Learn about proper maintenance for your stormwater practice.
- Contractors: Contractors who have past experience with our program and/or received our training that can help with your stormwater project.
- Tips to Live Green: Living “greener” is easy with these tips.
- EPA Stormwater Management: Access helpful stormwater management information from the EPA Office of Water.
- EPA NPDES Permit Program: Learn everything you ever wanted to know about the EPA’s National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit program.
- EPA Stormwater Calculator: This application helps people reduce the amount of runoff on their property by estimating the annual amount of rainwater and frequency of runoff from a specific site anywhere in the U.S.
- Washington Stormwater Center: Read how Washington State helps stormwater managers navigate the complexities and challenges of stormwater management.
Want to stay up-to-date on the hot topics in Howard County stormwater? Subscribe to our blog and we’ll email you with the rundown on runoff. Learn about people, places, and things in Howard County stormwater management. Don’t be impervious to the stormwater facts!
Note: We can’t endorse any of these blogs, but we think you’ll enjoy them.
- PA Stormwater Management
- DeepRoot Blog | Green Infrastructure for Your Community
- Canadian Blog Explores BMPs: Monthly Posts
Feeling stormy (or sunny!) about something? Leave us a comment.